Thank you for planning to share your expertise by offering to present a training session to New Jersey public school leaders at the annual Workshop in Atlantic City!
How to Submit a Proposal
Set yourself apart! Give Workshop attendees a reason to attend your program by proposing a compelling topic and telling them what they will learn.
Submission deadline: July 15, 2022 by midnight. Acceptance emails will be sent out in August.
Two program format options to choose from:
- Action Labs are 90 minutes. The room will be set with round tables to a maximum seating capacity of 48-60 attendees to allow for small group activities.
- Group Sessions are 50 minutes. The room will be set in theater style to a maximum seating capacity of 50-250 attendees to allow for audience engagement and a Q&A segment.
Proposals should include:
- A succinct title for your training program (8 words).
- Brief description about the session that is free of jargon and acronyms (100 words).
- Connection to NJSBA Strategic Goals (select goal from drop down menu on program proposal form).
- Purpose and objectives that describes what the attendees will know as a result of attending your session (limit 250 words).
- Learner outcomes that describe what the attendees will be able to do (take aways) as a result of attending your session. Include any new ideas or strategies that attendees will be able to implement (limit 250 words).
- Target audience of your presentation.
- Biographical information
- Job title
- Name of your district, organization or company
- District, organization or company location and county
- Email address
- Cell number
- Maximum of three presenters per session are recommended.
- Presenters are responsible for printing their own materials and uploading handouts, PowerPoints, videos, etc. to the Workshop 2022 website.
- NJSBA is not responsible for printing any materials.
- Giveaways are not permitted as part of educational programing.
- Presenters will be selected for a maximum of three programs.
- Districts with selected programs MUST register all presenters for Workshop 2022.
Provide attendees with an opportunity to earn credits! NJSBA will submit program proposals to the appropriate association for approval. Depending on the content of the program, a group session program may be approved for 1 credit hour.
- Qualified Purchasing Agents (QPAs) for district business administrators may be awarded to programs dealing with public procurement, ethics, green purchasing, office management (personnel issues, time management, etc.)
- Certified Educational Facilities Manager (CEFMs) for district/school facilities managers may be awarded to programs dealing with school code compliance, green and sustainable schools, boiler safety, school security and safety and Quality Single Accountability Continuum (QSAC).
- Personnel Administrators Association for school/district personnel staff NJSBA will be applying for HR professional Credits – your programs may be submitted for SHRM and HRCI continuing education credits.
For additional information, please email email@example.com.